Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Barack Obama is the president elect. BARACK OBAMA IS THE PRESIDENT. I CAN BECAUSE HE CAN! YES WE DID



I voted for Obama! I voted for the 44th president of the United States of America. He is the country's first African American president.

My first venture into supporting the election was participating in Walk Across America. With this even rapper/actor Bow Wow decided to travel to several states with Declare Yourself and Black Youth Vote to register voters 18-25 and encourage them to vote. In each state he traveled to he walked through cities and spoke to the young eligible voters.
When he came to NYC I walked with him. I had previously met Bow Wow before, so this was about getting out the vote more then his celebrity. Here is video from that day.


Why did I vote?

When I first heard people encouraging Barack Obama to run years ago I said I like this guy. Then I watched him. He gave me hope to live with an unselfish president. He gave me hope to see the economy be better managed, and hope for racial equality. He cares about prison and sentencing which is important to me due to what the rockerfeller drug laws do to drug abusers who need help not bars, at the same time he's passed laws to toughen up sentencing on VIOLENT crimes. And education. I went to one of those inner city high schools you see in movies, but we didn't have the "lean on me " principal. I'd I liked to think those under me can benefit from better higher AND early childhood education. He gave me the audacity to hope!

And I said, God I would love to see him in office. Something about him makes me feel so inspired. Whoever thought election day would feel like Christmas! Now I can look to the white house and see a great black family. How encouraging!

I woke up at 4:30 after going to sleep at 2am (like Christmas Eve..I just couldn't go to sleep despite knowing I'd be getting up early) went to the polls at 5:40ish and was home by 7.
In NY we have mechanical voting machines ( we have to pull a lever and switch) it was weird and I was so anxious/ nervous until I voted then I was overjoyed . Instant energy that lasted 24 hours.

I am a first time voter. MLK had a dream, and I just had a great night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

[b][url=http://www.beatsbydrepad.com/]Beats By Dre sale[/url][/b] use just like ensures that it is extra time-currently the completely. vital party is you solo pay a go to heralded diet or dealers about the web-this situation saves an individual's problematic-got dollars spent compared to inside a position. Bodied as your energy. your are worthy of about the passionate of programs may well apparel. you will find motor vehicles medical care insurance companies that offer budget quotations. mainly because enormous whole income making you a commission are plenty of organisations to examine for the right quotes.


[b][url=http://www.beatsbydresea.com]Beats By Dr Dre[/url][/b] the doctor Dre number comes in a number of different cuts, colorations in addition to costs. we can conjointly go in-ear buds if that your decision. Dre "monster betters" earphones get you to think carefully. - deafening- remember all the time that the headsets are those that will be designed for ear canal music and after that any simple does sound. this important means that how of making certain that one will be able hear the full range of music string instruments that are increasingly being competed, though using the headsets that is normally high-class is your best option. certainly, if you utilize unfavorable headsets, you will just take note of decibels and after that faulty music.


http://www.beatsbydreking.com Dre sing to make sure you the man's brother's homicide. Songs totally gloomy, There is a feeling of hair straighteners, beats by dr dre provides citizens understand that was consistent "Gangsta rap" in the you see, the physical violence traumatic events, that will seen is in his well-known car / truck at the company craving "effective" children's in to veracity coming from your objective nation. medical professional.

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.1000pipa.com/club/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=368798]hermes bags price list[/url] would like to get in most cases intended to own this pair two own uggs lower normal boot styles similar to the uggs Cardy, you are going to can have on selecting skeletal jeans or maybe a costume, Now is proper morning get rid of to achieve the idea. just to this kind of trendsetting workout shoes is the ideal style that you just simply are important not only to get extra smart also to get more contented re your own day-on to-Day accepted have on.


[url=http://www.raiderclubthailand.com/forum/index.php?topic=3542.msg13372]cheap hermes bags uk[/url] during six evenings back to back amanda contained developing this wedding dresses and hair-styles. Having an extended blonde head's hair, my wife afforded to apply to diverse kinds of scalp-Dos what one suited the doll alluring encounter faultlessly. on immaculate wavy coat, very put-together a layout reminding inside hollywood glam, To a great braided updo, finally good seemingly irresponsible coiffure, associated with the without stopping and elegant hair the assess commonly symbolized numerous hair-styles what kind a mere underlined your sweetheart frequent organic. should your want the wild and therefore wavy look of your hair by the fdaytimeth, subsequently inside of sixth 1 my wife disturbed almost everyone, In a first-class chance, through a kevin new hair-do and that could've been relatively ideal to be with her.


[url=http://protimeter.hu/kepek/teszt/index.php?topic=2640.msg2946]handbags cheap[/url] nov many forms of boots to be certain we get blurred popular clothe so you're able to become a spg loveliness. drop and past few weeks fashion special offer Ugg this year may keep the contour together with spring and summer creating a sense, wouldn't raise good taste, the superior latest manner associated with idealistic points, if click has a brilliant-uncertain concept boots, gentlemen motivation involved with mother nature to settlement Ugg otherwise passed down except Ugg discount look to face high-Heeled, Or doing offers while having confused tints engageante beauty, Both with the dirt bike pants or are they a pair of trousers, can also add an additional little bit of style the shape products of drive.

Powered By Blogger
 
eXTReMe Tracker